Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Looking for something special for breakfast for overnight guests? This recipe makes a great breakfast or brunch idea! Preparation time includes over night chill time. From Southern Living.
- 1 (8 ounce) package sweet Italian sausage links
- 8 green onions, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 zucchini, diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) Italian bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (16 oz, about 8 cups)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Remove and discard casings from sausage.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Add green onions and next 3 ingredients to skillet.
- Sauté 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in roasted bell peppers.
- Drain and cool.
- Spread 4 cups of bread cubes in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Top with half each of the sausage mixture and cheese.
- Repeat with remaining bread, sausage, and cheese.
- Whisk together eggs and milk.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Bake, covered, at 325° for 1 hour or until bubbly and hot.
This made a great brunch this morning! I halved the recipe and used veggie sausage(Gimme Lean). I loved the vegetables in it. Thank you Bev!