Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great side dish or yummy appetizer! Great way to use up some of the last of the season tomato crop.
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 12 -20 drops balsamic vinegar, a few per tomato (or more if you like it!)
- Cut the tomatoes in half horizontally.
- Place them on a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil them for 2 minutes, then turn.
- You may prefer to line the baking sheet with parchment paper, because the tomatoes will drip some juice.
- Mix together the garlic, olive oil and parsley and drizzle over the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes back under the broiler and cook for 6 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve hot or warm.
Taste was SUPER! Easy to make. Personally I like the slices thin, but my husband likes them sliced thicker. He cut 'em so we had thick slices. We had a bunch of fresh basil so we added it in with the parsley. Wasn't sure when to add the balsamic vinegar so we added it at the end. Maybe to mixture? Would be great served with some fresh mozzarela and crusty bread. Leftovers (if any) would be great cut up and tossed with some pasta.