Recipe by Bec
A quick vegetable side dish using the microwave! From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and cut broccoli florets in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place broccoli and water in a shallow, round microwave-safe dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap or lid and microwave on HIGH for 5-7 minutes or until tender (every microwave is different, so keep an eye on them!).
- Stir several times- Drain.
- Stir in oregano, pepper, lemon juice and tomato wedges.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover and microwave to melt cheese.
- Let stand 2 minutes before serving.