Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick vegetable side dish using the microwave! From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Wash and cut broccoli florets in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place broccoli and water in a shallow, round microwave-safe dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap or lid and microwave on HIGH for 5-7 minutes or until tender (every microwave is different, so keep an eye on them!).
- Stir several times- Drain.
- Stir in oregano, pepper, lemon juice and tomato wedges.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover and microwave to melt cheese.
- Let stand 2 minutes before serving.
Great taste for minimal effort. Everyone loved it, including my 4-year-old. Used Parmesan instead of mozzarella.
Very tasty broccoli dish!! Loved the ease of making this and loved the flavor. I'm starting to really warm up to nuked broccoli. This is the 2nd such dish that I have enjoyed the flavor and texture of. Will definitely make this one again. Loved the combo of tomatoes and broccoli. FYI...does not re-heat well in the event you have leftovers.
Loved the combination of flavours. Used finely grated parmesan for the cheese. This goes into my 'keeper' file :)