1/1 Photo of Italian Broccoli With Tomatoes
A quick vegetable side dish using the microwave! From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and cut broccoli florets in 1/2 inch pieces.
- 2Place broccoli and water in a shallow, round microwave-safe dish.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap or lid and microwave on HIGH for 5-7 minutes or until tender (every microwave is different, so keep an eye on them!).
- 4Stir several times- Drain.
- 5Stir in oregano, pepper, lemon juice and tomato wedges.
- 6Sprinkle cheese on top.
- 7Cover and microwave to melt cheese.
- 8Let stand 2 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Broccoli With Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.7
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 132.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.3 g