Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This fast, flavorful side dish is packed with color and nutrition. Recipe is from Light and Tasty. I haven't tried it yet but it looks wonderful!
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- grated parmesan cheese
- Bring water to boil in a large saucepan: add broccoli, cover, and boil for 3 minutes.
- Drain and place immediately in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Saute peppers in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add broccoli, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper, and saute 2 minutes longer.
- Add the tomato and heat through.
- Toss with cheese before serving.
Easy and tasty