Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My family loves broccoli, but it seems most of my recipes call for cheese or a heavy sauce. I threw this together last night for a lighter dish that is still full of flavor. If you have fresh broccoli in a microwave safe bag, it makes this dish even quicker! A 12 oz. bag of broccoli microwaves in just 4 minutes.
- Steam fresh broccoli, or microwave frozen or fresh bagged broccoli according to package directions.
- Drain any excess liquid and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in nonstick skillet until done.
- Remove from skillet and crumble.
- Wipe most of the excess grease from the skillet.
- Saute onions and mushrooms in skillet until tender.
- Add broccoli to skillet.
- Stir in salad dressing.
- Add crumbled bacon.
- Serve immediately.
This was very, very good. I didn't have any mushrooms so I omitted them, but I'll bet it's even better with them. This was so easy to make and I guarantee that I'll be making it over and over again! I'm thinking it might be good with a bit of Parmesan cheese grated over the top. Thanks so much for posting!
delicious, I would have never though to add Italian dressing to warm broccoli, I also added in a tablespoon of fresh garlic when I sauteed the onion, and also increased the ingredients slightly, thanks for sharing hon we enjoyed this dish!...Kitten:)
This is just a wonderful and easy recipe to make. My whole family not only enjoyed it, but has asked me to make it again. I used center cut bacon to reduce fat. Yum! Reviewed for ZWT3