Recipe by ColCadsMom
My family loves broccoli, but it seems most of my recipes call for cheese or a heavy sauce. I threw this together last night for a lighter dish that is still full of flavor. If you have fresh broccoli in a microwave safe bag, it makes this dish even quicker! A 12 oz. bag of broccoli microwaves in just 4 minutes.
Top Review by Kendra*
This was very, very good. I didn't have any mushrooms so I omitted them, but I'll bet it's even better with them. This was so easy to make and I guarantee that I'll be making it over and over again! I'm thinking it might be good with a bit of Parmesan cheese grated over the top. Thanks so much for posting!
- 1 lb broccoli floret (16 oz. bag of frozen broccoli florets or 12 oz. microwave safe bag of fresh broccoli may be substitu)
- 2 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam fresh broccoli, or microwave frozen or fresh bagged broccoli according to package directions.
- Drain any excess liquid and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in nonstick skillet until done.
- Remove from skillet and crumble.
- Wipe most of the excess grease from the skillet.
- Saute onions and mushrooms in skillet until tender.
- Add broccoli to skillet.
- Stir in salad dressing.
- Add crumbled bacon.
- Serve immediately.