Italian Broccoli Potato Gratin
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13 x 9 casserole dish; set aside.
- Steam or boil the broccoli and potatoes until fork-tender (can do them together if you give the potatoes about a 4-5 minute head start in the pot). Drain.
- Place the cooked drained broccoli and the potatoes in the prepared casserole.
- Spread the roma tomato slices over the top.
- In a bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, heavy cream, beaten egg yolk, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything very well; evenly pour over the mixture in the casserole.
- Sprinkle the cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Cover the entire top with grated cheese and bake in the oven at 350F for about 30 minutes. Serve hot.