Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a very colorful recipe, snarfled from the Healthy Recipes from ACE, the American Council on Exercise. They use nonfat mozzarella, but part skim is yummier.
- 1 lb fresh broccoli
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- clean broccoli, chop off tough ends and discard.
- cut off florets and pare tough broccoli "bark" off stems, then cut into small spears, and steam until tender, 8-10 minutes.
- In saucepan cook broccoli with tomato, water, and spices over medium heat (stirring gently) until heated through, 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and olives, remove from heat, cover and let stand until cheese melts (2-3 minutes).
This was a very tasty and lovely recipe. I cooked the trio of broccoli, tomato and fresh herbs for about 7 minutes. I also used fresh oregoano and part skim mozzarella. This was a wonderful combination. Thank you for posting such a nice tasting, healthy recipe. Fresh farmer's market tomatoes really do add a wonderfully fresh taste.
I liked this a lot, especially because I had all the ingredients and didn't have to make a trip to the store! Leftovers reheat well for lunch the next day. This is a nice healthy bring to work snack!