- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced into rounds
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the broccoli in a steamer basket.
- Steam over boiling water in a large covered saucepan for 3-5 minutes until bright green and crisp-tender.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Saute the garlic, red pepper and shallots in a large skillet with the olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the broccoli and mix well.
- Add the salt, black pepper, red-pepper flakes and Asiago cheese.
- Toss lightly.