- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 9x5x3” loaf pan.
- Put the eggs in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until they are pale yellow and thickened. (This takes a few minutes.).
- With the mixer running, gradually add the sugar and then the oil in a slow, steady stream.
- In a small bowl, stir milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest together and add to batter.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and blend into batter until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, which should be about two-thirds full.
- Place in oven and bake about 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Place the pan on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Loosen loaf and turn out onto the rack.
- Turn loaf upright and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or you can make a lemon glaze and drizzle over.