Recipe by diner524
A recipe I found on Taste of Home site. Great way to use of leftover rolls from dinner the night before and fairly quick and easy. You can use the mushrooms or exchange them/add to them, with onions, peppers or your favorite vegetables.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pancetta (or bacon)
- 4 crusty hard rolls (4 inch wide)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms (or vegetables of your choice)
- 4 eggs (scrambled)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Fontina cheese (or your choice of cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, cut a thin slice off top of each roll. Hollow out bottom of roll, leaving a 1/2-in.-thick shell (save removed bread for another use); place shells on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Add mushrooms (or vegetables of choice) and pancetta to bread shells. Scramble the eggs and pour equal amounts into each roll; sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 18-22 minutes or until egg mixture is firm/not jiggly.