This is an easy recipe for a weeknight. Low fat and kid approved!
Make and share this Italian Breaded Tilapia recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder in a quart size ziploc bag.
- Pour Italian dressing in a different quart size ziploc bag.'.
- Place tilapia, one piece at a time, into the bag with Italian dressing and shake.
- Then put in the bag with the breadcrumb mixture and shake.
- Repeat with other fillets. Mound any unused breading on top of fish.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, until fish is done and topping is browned.
I made this with basa fillets and let them marinate for a few hours in the dressing before dredging them in the breadcrumb mixture. The result yielded delicious results with minimum effort. A great make ahead meal too. Thank you!
I was looking for an easy tilapia recipe and this one was great. The only thing I didn't use was the Italian dressing because I didn't have any. Great and easy though!
Really impressed with the ease of making this dish. I don't have garlic powder so I used onion powder and was still very tasty. I plan on retrying again during the dreadful snow we are expecting.