Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mother-in-law used to make this while my hubby was growing up and it was passed onto me with a little tweaking. Serve this with a crisp salad, favorite pasta, along with some italian bread.
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- sirloin tip roast
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 egg (beaten)
- olive oil (for frying)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in medium sauce pan.
- Allow to simmer approximately 15 minutes on med-high heat, then reduce to low to keep warm.
- Slice roast into 1/8" slices.
- (Doing this when the roast is still half frozen is the easiest).
- Dip roast slices in egg, then in breadcrumbs seasoned with the Parmesan.
- Heat Olive Oil to 375 degrees in fry pan or deep fryer also works well.
- Fry roast slices approximately 3-4 minutes for each side until golden brown.
- Layer paper towel in serving dish along with fried slices of roast to provide proper drainage of olive oil.
- Serve roast slice with sauce on the side for dipping.
As for what this was meant to be, I can't really say that it's 5 stars, but for what I used it to manipulate into, it came out really good! :) I used this recipe modified to use up some ingredients in my fridge/cupboards. I had a jar of spaghetti sauce I used instead of making the sauce the way you stated. I sliced some steaks I had into about 1/4inch strips, I breaded them as stated. however, at the end of it all, I put the steak over some WW pasta, covered it in the spag sauce, and served it with cheesy garlic bread. It was very tasty. I'd be tempted to make regular steaks this way, with some spice added to them. They'd be good hot hot hot! Thanks for the recipe, and I hope you don't mind my changes!
I found the garlic powder and onion powder too overpowering, otherwise this recipe was fairly tasty.