Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother-in-law used to make this while my hubby was growing up and it was passed onto me with a little tweaking. Serve this with a crisp salad, favorite pasta, along with some italian bread.
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- sirloin tip roast
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 egg (beaten)
- olive oil (for frying)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in medium sauce pan.
- Allow to simmer approximately 15 minutes on med-high heat, then reduce to low to keep warm.
- Slice roast into 1/8" slices.
- (Doing this when the roast is still half frozen is the easiest).
- Dip roast slices in egg, then in breadcrumbs seasoned with the Parmesan.
- Heat Olive Oil to 375 degrees in fry pan or deep fryer also works well.
- Fry roast slices approximately 3-4 minutes for each side until golden brown.
- Layer paper towel in serving dish along with fried slices of roast to provide proper drainage of olive oil.
- Serve roast slice with sauce on the side for dipping.