My mother-in-law used to make this while my hubby was growing up and it was passed onto me with a little tweaking. Serve this with a crisp salad, favorite pasta, along with some italian bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- sirloin tip roast
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 egg (beaten)
- olive oil (for frying)
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients in medium sauce pan.
- 2Allow to simmer approximately 15 minutes on med-high heat, then reduce to low to keep warm.
- 3Slice roast into 1/8" slices.
- 4(Doing this when the roast is still half frozen is the easiest).
- 5Dip roast slices in egg, then in breadcrumbs seasoned with the Parmesan.
- 6Heat Olive Oil to 375 degrees in fry pan or deep fryer also works well.
- 7Fry roast slices approximately 3-4 minutes for each side until golden brown.
- 8Layer paper towel in serving dish along with fried slices of roast to provide proper drainage of olive oil.
- 9Serve roast slice with sauce on the side for dipping.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Breaded Steak Um
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.1
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 122.3 mg
- Sodium 3464.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 30.5 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: