My mother-in-law used to make this while my hubby was growing up and it was passed onto me with a little tweaking. Serve this with a crisp salad, favorite pasta, along with some italian bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- sirloin tip roast
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 egg (beaten)
- olive oil (for frying)
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients in medium sauce pan.
- 2Allow to simmer approximately 15 minutes on med-high heat, then reduce to low to keep warm.
- 3Slice roast into 1/8" slices.
- 4(Doing this when the roast is still half frozen is the easiest).
- 5Dip roast slices in egg, then in breadcrumbs seasoned with the Parmesan.
- 6Heat Olive Oil to 375 degrees in fry pan or deep fryer also works well.
- 7Fry roast slices approximately 3-4 minutes for each side until golden brown.
- 8Layer paper towel in serving dish along with fried slices of roast to provide proper drainage of olive oil.
- 9Serve roast slice with sauce on the side for dipping.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Breaded Steak Um
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.1
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 122.3 mg
- Sodium 3464.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 30.5 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: