Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was given to me by a neighbor. I haven't tried it, but want to put it here for safekeeping. It looks great!
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 pork chops
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and milk.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove garlic and discard.
- Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly. Place coated pork chops in the skillet, and brown abut 5 minutes on each side.
- Place the skillet and pork chops in the preheated oven, and cook 25 minutes, or or until cooked through.
We had a large loin that we cut into chops. My husband pounded them to be quite thin, so they only needed about 2 minutes on each side, then 20 minutes in the oven. Didn't have Italian breadcrumbs, but the garlic and herb ones I had worked fine. 2 eggs were sufficient and still has excess. So moist and juicy! Make me want to buy pork more often now that we've found a good, quick and easy recipe!
This is a great way to fix pork chops. I didnt have any Italian bread crumbs, so I substituted Panko with a tablespoon of Italian Seasoning mixed in.
If you need it milled, drilled or turned, go see your local mill company. If you need it weighed, shipped or tracked, go see the UPS. If you need it fried, baked or barbecued, come see me. I'm your 100th review...woowoo!