Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was given to me by a neighbor. I haven't tried it, but want to put it here for safekeeping. It looks great!
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 pork chops
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and milk.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove garlic and discard.
- Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly. Place coated pork chops in the skillet, and brown abut 5 minutes on each side.
- Place the skillet and pork chops in the preheated oven, and cook 25 minutes, or or until cooked through.
I was looking for something differant, but I remembered-- this is the best way, the way my family does
We had a large loin that we cut into chops. My husband pounded them to be quite thin, so they only needed about 2 minutes on each side, then 20 minutes in the oven. Didn't have Italian breadcrumbs, but the garlic and herb ones I had worked fine. 2 eggs were sufficient and still has excess. So moist and juicy! Make me want to buy pork more often now that we've found a good, quick and easy recipe!
This is a great way to fix pork chops. I didnt have any Italian bread crumbs, so I substituted Panko with a tablespoon of Italian Seasoning mixed in.