Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you only have plain breadcrumbs on hand, and your recipe calls for Italian breadcrumbs, what's a chef to do?!? Here's your solution - A recipe for turning unflavored breadcrumbs into flavorful Italian breadcrumbs. This works equally well with gluten-free or regular crumbs, pre-packaged or homemade.
- 236.59 ml plain breadcrumbs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dried parsley flakes
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, tossing to blend thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container and use in any recipe calling for Italian breadcrumbs.
You saved me another trip to the grocery store! I used panko breadcrumbs & they turned out fabulous.
This recipe saved dinner! I didnt have any plain breadcrumbs, so I just put 22 ritz crackers and all of the spices in my food processor until crumbly. It turned out great! Thanks!
This may seem like a weird question but I've never made or used bread crumbs....do I need to toast the bread before I chop it up for this recipe or can I use it right out of the bag?