Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you only have plain breadcrumbs on hand, and your recipe calls for Italian breadcrumbs, what's a chef to do?!? Here's your solution - A recipe for turning unflavored breadcrumbs into flavorful Italian breadcrumbs. This works equally well with gluten-free or regular crumbs, pre-packaged or homemade.
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, tossing to blend thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container and use in any recipe calling for Italian breadcrumbs.
You saved me another trip to the grocery store! I used panko breadcrumbs & they turned out fabulous.
This recipe saved dinner! I didnt have any plain breadcrumbs, so I just put 22 ritz crackers and all of the spices in my food processor until crumbly. It turned out great! Thanks!
Very good recipe! I have been using this recipe since I first laid eyes on it. I prefer this combination of spices above all the others that I have previously tried. I always use these over the store bought Italian flavored bread crumbs. It's so much better! Five stars!