Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a nice accompanyment for pasta meals.
- 591.47 ml flour
- 14.79 ml instant yeast
- 236.59 ml warm water
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 78.07 ml kraft Italian dressing
- 236.59 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- In medium bowl, mix water, oil, sugar, salt, flour and yeast.
- Let rise 30 minutes.
- Spread dough on greased cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, mix italian dressing with pepper, oregano, garlic and thyme.
- Spread this mix on top of dough.
- Sprinkle cheeses on top and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
A very good recipe that I will certainly make again. So easy to put together.There can be many variations with this as well. A keeper and very deserving of the 5 stars.
Yum! Excellent idea, and easy to boot. Would have been even better with dipping sauce. Will be using this recipe often! Thanks!
Found this recipe in the February/March 2002 edition of Taste of Home. I did a "cheat version" of it. Instead of making the bread part I just used store bought pizza crust. I'm sure it would be better with the homemade bread, but this worked for quick and easy. I added the toppings as listed, but eyeballed the cheese, and probably went a little lighter on them as a really wanted this as a bread stick and not like a pizza without sauce. I did cut them into bread stick rectangles and not wedges and we did prefer them with marinara sauce to dip with.