Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a nice accompanyment for pasta meals.
Make and share this Italian Bread Wedges recipe from Food.com.
- In medium bowl, mix water, oil, sugar, salt, flour and yeast.
- Let rise 30 minutes.
- Spread dough on greased cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, mix italian dressing with pepper, oregano, garlic and thyme.
- Spread this mix on top of dough.
- Sprinkle cheeses on top and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
A very good recipe that I will certainly make again. So easy to put together.There can be many variations with this as well. A keeper and very deserving of the 5 stars.
Yum! Excellent idea, and easy to boot. Would have been even better with dipping sauce. Will be using this recipe often! Thanks!
Found this recipe in the February/March 2002 edition of Taste of Home. I did a "cheat version" of it. Instead of making the bread part I just used store bought pizza crust. I'm sure it would be better with the homemade bread, but this worked for quick and easy. I added the toppings as listed, but eyeballed the cheese, and probably went a little lighter on them as a really wanted this as a bread stick and not like a pizza without sauce. I did cut them into bread stick rectangles and not wedges and we did prefer them with marinara sauce to dip with.