Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This entrée salad has crunchy croutons, juicy steak, summer ripe tomatoes and greens. Serve with a frosty pitcher of iced tea.
- 4 cups cubed Italian bread (1 inch) or 4 cups sourdough bread (1 inch) or 4 cups multigrain bread (1 inch)
- 1 lb sirloin steak, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups baby greens
- 2 tomatoes, cut in 8 wedges
- 8 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil leaves
- On ungreased baking sheet, toast bread cubes in 350°F oven for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Season both sides of steak with pepper. Place on greased grill over medium high heat, or on broiler pan; close lid and cook, turning once, for 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare, or until desired doneness. Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- DRESSING: Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. In large salad bowl, toss together salad greens, bread cubes, steak, tomatoes and mushrooms; drizzle with dressing and toss gently to coat. Garnish with fresh basil Makes 4 servings.
- Canadian Living.
Great salad. I used leftover grilled New York steak cut into thin strips, and Recipe #127531 for the dressing. Very quick and easy after a busy day.