Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in my Southern Living Cookbook. I made it and loved it. I hope you enjoy it too.
- 4 cups cubed French bread
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 dry crushed red pepper
- 1 large romaine lettuce
- 4 -5 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chopped smoked ham
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Place bread cube on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Set aside.
- Whisk together olive oil and next 6 ingredients.
- Reserve 1 cup bread cubes.
- Scatter remaining cubes on a serving platter.
- Top with lettuce and 3 ingredients.
- Drizzle with dressing; toss.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with bread cubes and green onions.