Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this salad with roasted or grilled meats, especially roasted or grilled chicken. I place a mound of the salad on a plate and put the chicken right on top. It's an easy, simple and unusual starch for any meal. Delicious in the summer, especially, when all the ingredients are at their peak.
- 6 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb day old bread, cubed (this should be a sturdy bready, like french bread,a really sturdy, crusty Italian bread, or somethin)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled,seeded and diced
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 bunch fresh basil, shredded
- parmesan cheese
- Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper together.
- Mix the bread, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, and basil together in a large bowl.
- Toss with the dressing, let sit 15 minutes, then serve with a generous sprinkle of Parmesan.
I've been meaning to post that I made this salad several times and always a hit. Thanks for sharing it. Will be making it again.
This was very good - brought to a pot-luck and everyone raved. Thanks for a great recipe.
Pretty easy to make, and it had a good taste, I gave it three stars but my mom devoured half the bowl at dinner and she gave it five, so I average it at four. I think the reasons for it are I cubed the bread too big. Doing it again I would cut them a little bigger than the vegetables in the recipe. Hence, I would get a bite with hardly any dressing and then I would get one with so much it made my eyes water. And I think the dressing was a little too vinegary for me. It was beautiful though, and nice for a hot summer day!