Prep 8 hrs 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I add apples, oranges, dried cranberries and bell pepper rings into marinate also. Makes for a great meal sans meat.
- 3⁄4 cup bottled Italian dressing (I use Zesty Italian )
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, slice into rings, halve, then quarter
- 3 cups tomatoes, chunked (I use romas, less juicy )
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 -2 carrot, slice into thin rings
- 3 -5 dashes hot sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb Italian bread, day old, torn into bite size chunks
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, pitted, drained and slice into rings
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded, if using freshly grated use 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Combine marinate ingredients in a mixing bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, toss bread, olives and marinated ingredients. Sprinkle with cheese and basil, add salt and pepper to your taste.