Recipe by MrsSPheonix
Found a recipe for a sweet pull apart, but wanted savoury & came up with this. It really is pretty versatile; feel free to use other ingredients such as olives, roasted peppers or artichokes. You could also use fresh herbs, different cheeses, & more or less ingredients to taste. Have fun and experiment! Times include roasting garlic & all proofing & cooking times.
- 350 ml water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 650 g white bread flour (4 1/2 cups, you can also use a light rye flour if you'd prefer)
- 1 teaspoon bread improver
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce, bought or homemade
- 8 cloves garlic, roasted & mashed with a fork
- 1⁄4 cup semi dried tomatoe, chopped or left whole
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, more to taste
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese or 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- black pepper, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water, oil, salt, sugar, flour, bread improver& yeast into the bread machine in the order listed by the manufacturer.
- Run machine on"Dough" cycle.
- Once finished, remove dough from machine& roll on into a rectangle, approx 1" thick.
- Spread the dough with pesto and garlic.
- Add tomatoes& cheeses in an even layer,& black pepper (if using).
- Roll dough up as you would for a jelly or swiss roll cake.
- Slice into even pieces, about 1" thick.
- Place pieces close together in a greased cake tin or oven dish.
- Cover& leave to rise in a warm place, this will take about 1 hour to double in size.
- Bake in a 190 degrees C oven for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Best served warm.
- I'm sure it'd be fine cold too, but it never lasts that long!