- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) package frozen mozzarella-and-monterey jack cheese texas toast, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients until blended.
- Layer half of Texas toast in a lightly greased 11x7" baking dish.; sprinkle with half each of tomatoes, bacon, and cheese. Repeat layers once. Pour eff mixture over toast and cheese. Cover and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake casserole for 50-55 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.