1/1 Photo of Italian Bread II ( Single Rising)
3 hrs 10 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
There's nothing like the smell of fresh bread coming out of the oven. This has been one of my old standbys. This recipe is a bit different that most as it uses butter in the dough.
My Private Note
large l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine yeast, sugar and 1 c.
- 2warm water in a large bowl.
- 3Stir until dissolved.
- 4Set aside in a warm place for 1/2 hr.
- 5When mixture starts to bubble slightly, add butter, salt and remaining 3/4 warm water.
- 6Add flour 1 c at a time, beating vigorously w/ a wooden spoon.
- 7Continue until dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- 8Turn out unto a generously floured board.
- 9(Dough will be sticky) Gently fold in remaining flour, kneading until the dough begins to become smooth and elastic.
- 10Knead for 10 minutes.
- 11Let sit for 5 minutes.
- 12Divide dough in two and roll each into a rectangle 12 x 8 inches.
- 13Roll up tightly lengthwise, pinching seams.
- 14Butter two baking sheet and sprinkle w/ cornmeal.
- 15Place loaves on sheets and let rise in a warm draft-free place until double (1-1 1/2 hrs) Preheat oven to 425F.
- 16Brush loaves w/ beaten egg while.
- 17Bake 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Bread II ( Single Rising)
Serving Size: 1 (1251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1575.8
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 2585.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 271.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 40.3 g