Recipe by MrsSPheonix
I am in Australia at the moment & my sister has a bread machine. I wanted to try a flavored loaf & this was the result. You could also add a handful of black olives if you'd like which I would have, but my sister doesn't like them. The prep time includes 40mins to roast the garlic, & 20mins to chop, grate, etc. all add-ins. Cook time is for the machine.
Top Review by ellie_
Delicious and perfect with pasta! We served this bread with Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells recipe#39292 and received rave reviews. I made a few slight changes in the recipe--such as using 1 tsp garlic salt and 1 tsp garlic powder in place of regular salt and garlic cloves. I also eliminated the bread improver because I didn't know what it was and used only 1 tsp pepper. To allow for my higher elevation I used only 1 tsp yeast. The bread came out perfectly and we will definitely be making this again soon.
- 350 ml water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 650 g white bread flour (4 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon bread improver
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 8 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put first 7 ingredients into bread machine in order listed (or as per your bread machine's instructions).
- Start bread machine, again as per your instructions.
- (Mine says cook as"French" bread with a Medium crust).
- When prompted to add ingredients (usually towards the end of the second knead) add the mashed garlic cloves, onion, oregano,cheeses& black pepper.
- Let bread rise& cook.
- Serve warm with butter.