Recipe by Sharon123
This is a deliciously rich dessert that is cooked with cream and apples and is delicately flavored with orange!
Top Review by Barb G.
Yum Yum, DH sure loved this, We both really liked the flavor of the apple and orange peel. Really good and different.It did take a little longer to bake. THIS RECIPE IS A KEEPER. Thank you Sharon.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 small apples, peeled,cored,and sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 4 slices thick bread, crusts removed (day-old baguette is ideal, about 4 oz.)
- 1 1⁄4 cups light cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 orange, rind of, cut into short,thin sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 5-cup deep casserole with the butter.
- Arrange the apple rings in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar over the apples.
- Pour the wine over the apples.
- Add the bread slices, pushing them down with your hands to flatten them slightly.
- Mix the cream with the eggs, the remaining sugar, and the orange rind and pour the mixture over the bread.
- Set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the dessert to an oven preheated to 350* and bake for 25 minutes, until golden and set.
- Remove from the oven, set aside to cool slightly, and serve warm.