I love this recipe because it is very quick and easy. The ingredients for this recipe are always in most peoples houses. I've been known to whip up a loaf in the morning when I realized I was out of bread for school lunches. I don't always use the egg white in the recipe unless you want a crispy crust. Most times I just brush on butter after if comes out of the oven. This recipe is tried and true and loved by all in my circle of family and friends; enjoy. Notes: Easy and with no milk. I have also added Parmesan, thyme, garlic after the flour and salt just to give it an added flavor change every now and then. Serving Ideas: Wonderful w/ pastas or stews.
- Add into bread machine container, warmed water, olive oil, sugar, yeast. Let yeast foam a bit.
- Dump in flour (start with 2 1/2 cups); add salt on top of flour.
- Turn on bread machine to dough setting. Watch for the first bit and add flour as needed to get a good dough. (elastic and not sticky).
- Get cookie sheet ready by lightly oiling with olive oil and sprinkle on cornmeal.
- Form dough into loaf and set on cookie sheet with tea towel to cover until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Cut slits diagonally in loaf with sharp knife. Brush with egg white.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and when you knock the bottom of bread it sounds hollow.