1/2 Photos of Italian Bread (Bread Machine)
1 hr 25 mins
Biffy 62's Note:
I love this recipe because it is very quick and easy. The ingredients for this recipe are always in most peoples houses. I've been known to whip up a loaf in the morning when I realized I was out of bread for school lunches. I don't always use the egg white in the recipe unless you want a crispy crust. Most times I just brush on butter after if comes out of the oven. This recipe is tried and true and loved by all in my circle of family and friends; enjoy. Notes: Easy and with no milk. I have also added Parmesan, thyme, garlic after the flour and salt just to give it an added flavor change every now and then. Serving Ideas: Wonderful w/ pastas or stews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add into bread machine container, warmed water, olive oil, sugar, yeast. Let yeast foam a bit.
- 2Dump in flour (start with 2 1/2 cups); add salt on top of flour.
- 3Turn on bread machine to dough setting. Watch for the first bit and add flour as needed to get a good dough. (elastic and not sticky).
- 4Get cookie sheet ready by lightly oiling with olive oil and sprinkle on cornmeal.
- 5Form dough into loaf and set on cookie sheet with tea towel to cover until doubled in size.
- 6Preheat oven to 375*F.
- 7Cut slits diagonally in loaf with sharp knife. Brush with egg white.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and when you knock the bottom of bread it sounds hollow.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Bread (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (704 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1728.0
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1241.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 309.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 46.0 g