Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
My mummy use to make this recipe when I was a kid, and to this day I find it just delicious. It is very easy and satisfying. Enjoy it with a fresh salad or just on its own. very good for a picnic. You can use any filling you and your family like, as long it is not to moist as it would make the dough to heavy.
- 1⁄2 kg plain flour (all purpose flour)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 300 g ham (chopped in small pieces)
- 200 g mozzarella cheese (chopped in small pieces)
- 2 fresh tomatoes, also in small bits
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To prepare the dough, just mix all the ingredients in a bowl.Don't work it to much,5 minutes should be enough.Let it rest fo 2 hours.
- After the 2 hours has elapsed, divide in two parts, and open each part in a retangule and spread the filling you have already prepared.
- Roll like you were making a log. Fold the ends so the filling daesn't run out.
- Transfer to a baking tray,seam down and put in the pre-heated oven (200C) for 50 minutes.
- Before the last 10 minutos, brush with egg yolk and return to oven.
- Preparing the filling.
- Chop or grate the ham and muzzarela, mix with the chopped tomatoes and herbs, salt and pepper if using any.
- Mix all toghether and apply.