6 hrs 20 mins
Recipe is from a local organic, pasture raised beef farm.
My Private Note
lbs of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) beef chuck roast
- 1 (32 ounce) container no-salt-added beef stock
- 1 (32 ounce) can diced tomatoes (plain)
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic (do NOT sub garlic salt)
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 275°F.
- 2Brown chuck roast with olive oil in a Dutch oven or large oven safe pan on stove top.
- 3Remove roast from pan and add all other ingredients.
- 4Stir and bring to a simmer.
- 5Return roast to pan, cover with lid and place in preheated oven.
- 6Cook for 6-8 hours or until meat starts to fall apart.
- 7Strain juice from pan and shred beef and peppers.
- 8Move reserved juice to another sauce pan bring to boil and reduce by half.
- 9Add reduced sauce to beef and peppers and serve.
- 10Can be served over pasta ,polenta or as is with Italian bread and Parmesan cheese. Also makes a tasty sandwich, use a good crusty sub roll.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Braised Beef
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.6
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 568.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 39.2 g