Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Recipe is from a local organic, pasture raised beef farm.
- 1 (3 lb) beef chuck roast
- 1 (32 ounce) containerno-salt-added beef stock
- 1 (32 ounce) can diced tomatoes (plain)
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic (do NOT sub garlic salt)
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Brown chuck roast with olive oil in a Dutch oven or large oven safe pan on stove top.
- Remove roast from pan and add all other ingredients.
- Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Return roast to pan, cover with lid and place in preheated oven.
- Cook for 6-8 hours or until meat starts to fall apart.
- Strain juice from pan and shred beef and peppers.
- Move reserved juice to another sauce pan bring to boil and reduce by half.
- Add reduced sauce to beef and peppers and serve.
- Can be served over pasta ,polenta or as is with Italian bread and Parmesan cheese. Also makes a tasty sandwich, use a good crusty sub roll.