- 1 1⁄2 kg bone-in beef blade roast, fat removed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 16 baby potatoes
- 12 nantes carrots, peeled
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a saucepan (ovenproof) or dutch oven, brown the beef on each side in half of the oil. Add salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In a bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in chicken stock. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, brown shallots and garlic in the remaining oil.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and keep cooking about 3 minutes. Add chicken stock mixture and bring to a boil while stirring. Put the beef back in the saucepan and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook in oven about 4 hours or until meat shread easily with a fork.
- Note: If you want to do it in the crockpot do step 1 to 4. Then on step 5, put all ingredients in crockpot. Cover and cook at low heat 8 hours.