Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
by Susan from Bellaonline.com. Prep time does not include chill time.
Make and share this Italian Bowtie Pastry (wandas) recipe from Food.com.
- In one bowl, mix flour, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, blend egg, butter and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the egg mixture, mix until a stiff dough forms.
- Add sherry a tablespoon at a time until the dough becomes smooth and pliable.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Roll out chilled dough on a floured surface to 1/8 inch.
- Cut narrow strips and twist into loose knots.
- Fill deep fryer or heavy pot with 1-1/2 to 2 inches of oil.
- Heat to 375 degrees F.
- Fry cookies until they puff and turn golden brown (about 2 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels or brown bags.
- Dust with sugar while still warm.