Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
This is a great recipe my DH and I love! I hope you'll enjoy it too! Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 (8 ounce) Italian bread, cut into 1-inch pieces (or French Bread)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup oil and balsamic vinegar dressing
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 10 bacon, slices cooked and crumbled
- Place bread on a baking sheet, and bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Combine mozzarella and dressing in a shallow dish or zip-top plastic bag; cover or seal, and chill 1 hour.
- Toss together bread, olives, next 5 ingredients, and mozzarella mixture. Let stand 20 minutes. Serve over lettuce, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.