Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of several "spice mixes" that I've used for years. It makes a wonderful seasoning for poultry, pasta sauce, or can be added to oil and vinegar for a vinaigrette dressing.
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix together and store in a tightly capped jar.
- Use: Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon over each serving of chicken before baking or grilling.
- Can also be added to pasta sauce, or used to make a vinaigrette dressing by adding 1 teaspoon of mix to oil and vinegar.
This gets a five star because it saves me guessing about individual amounts when I'm making a recipe that calls for Italian spices. It also saves me buying a jar of Italian spices when I have all the individual components in my spice rack. Thanks Dee514!!!
I have used this many times and noticed that I had forgotten to review it. Used this in Italian Dressing#73977 and in olive oil for a dipping oil...delicious!! I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to notice that I didn't post a review. Thank you for submitting the recipe.
Delicious Spice Blend! I mixed this up and put it into an empty spice jar with your serving suggestions written on the front. I made it into an italian salad dressing last night. Thank you!