Recipe by Dee514
This is one of several "spice mixes" that I've used for years. It makes a wonderful seasoning for poultry, pasta sauce, or can be added to oil and vinegar for a vinaigrette dressing.
Top Review by CountryLady
This gets a five star because it saves me guessing about individual amounts when I'm making a recipe that calls for Italian spices. It also saves me buying a jar of Italian spices when I have all the individual components in my spice rack. Thanks Dee514!!!
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together and store in a tightly capped jar.
- Use: Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon over each serving of chicken before baking or grilling.
- Can also be added to pasta sauce, or used to make a vinaigrette dressing by adding 1 teaspoon of mix to oil and vinegar.