Recipe by tealeaf
Italian style appetizer or snack.
Top Review by Sam #3
This was great! We ate it like regular pizza. I loved it as it wasn't greasy. I used 8 eggs as I only had small on hand, but otherwise followed the recipe. I think I will add a little seasoning to the egg batter though as it was a little bland. I will be making this again!
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk or 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup bottled pizza sauce
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red peppers or 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onions with top
- 1 ounce cupshredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl or covered blender container, beat together or blend eggs and milk until blended.
- In small bowl, stir together flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder and garlic salt.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Beat or cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into spray coated 12 x 7-1/2 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Dollop small spoonfuls of pizza sauce over top.
- Draw fork through batter, swirling sauce into batter.
- Sprinkle with olives, pepper and onions.
- Bake in preheated 325° F oven 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut diagonally to form triangles.
- Serve hot or chill to serve cold.