Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from Chancellor Marsh of the University of Wisconsin. I found it on the net and have made it many times, it is my favorite biscotti recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 2 teaspoons anise extract or 2 teaspoons almond extract (et cetera)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts or 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (or both)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and allow to cool.
- Do all beating and mixing by hand.
- Combine wet ingredients, then sugar.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add wet to dry.
- Fold in nuts/fruit.
- Pour on greased cookie sheet in 2 or 3 loaves.
- Spread to 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Slice individual loaves across into individual biscotti 3/4" to 1" wide.
- Turn each on side and bake each cut side 10 more minutes.
- *Choosenumber of flavorings and type to suit taste.
- Many interesting variations are possible.
- Examples include currants and cinnamon, mini chocolate chips, candied fruits, et cetera.
- Also use mashed banana or pumpkin, however, these require adjusting the liquid.
- One-half cup replaces 1/4 cup milk.