1/4 Photos of Italian Biscotti Al La Syd
2 hrs 35 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
The original of this recipe was from Pat Aldighieri & printed in our local newspaper, but I've increased the amount of nuts & cranberries, baked them less to give them a slightly softer texture & serve them as a regular cookie. However, if you want them really crisp, CAREFULLY bake them another 10-15 minutes. My daughter can't leave them alone [as long as they don't have the nuts!] & friends are always asking for the recipe! Your imagination is the only thing limiting the number of variations to this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl mix the first 7 ingredients until well blended.
- 3Stir in the flour one cup at a time.
- 4When smooth, mix in cranberries & pistachios.
- 5Pat the dough into a smooth round dome in the mixing bowl, then cut it into quarter sections. Slowly shape each section, patting & rolling it carefully, first into a log, & then into a seamless loaf about 13" long & 4" wide. Place two of the loaves on a 15"x10" baking sheet.
- 6Bake loaves for 45 minutes, checking them every 15 minutes to see if the dough is spreading out & becoming too flat. If it is, reshape the loaf with a spatula.
- 7Remove loaves from the oven & allow them to cool. When cool, cut each loaf into 1" slices & then cut those slices in half. Place the slices back on the baking sheet, STANDING UP & SEPARATED FROM ONE ANOTHER, then bake them for another 10 minutes or so.
- 8Remove cookies from the oven & cool them completely before storing them in an air tight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Biscotti Al La Syd
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 130
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.7
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 13.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g