1/1 Photo of Italian Berry Salad
Tastings by CeCe's Note:
This recipe is adapted from the Barefoot Contessa. Though summer is the best time for sweet and juicy berries, this recipe works throughout the year, making not-so-ripe berries delicioso!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over medium heat, bring 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar to simmer until reduced to thin syrup consistency(about 15 minutes). It should coat the back of a spoon.
- 2Remove reduction from heat to cool.
- 3In a large bowl gently mix fruit, careful not to smash raspberries.
- 4Add 2 tablespoons of the cooled vinegar reduction and sugar to fruit.
- 5Stir to coat, again careful not to smash berries.
- 6Cover and place in refrigerator for 30 - 45 minutes.
- 7May be served plain in small bowl or with a dollop of Cool Whip, or as a topping spooned over plain cake or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Berry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g