8 hrs 15 mins
Seasonings and the pepperocini's create a nice flavor with a little kick. For less kick, cut off stems and remove seeds from pepperocini's and use less of the vinegar. Makes a yummy sandwhich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1814.36-2267.96 g roast
- 2 medium onions
- 1 package au jus mix
- 1 package good seasons zesty italian seasoning
- 1 package French onion soup mix
- 1 can optional beer
- 396.89 g can onion flavored beef broth
- 1 jar pepperoncini pepper (8-16 oz. depending on how spicy you want)
- bread, du jour french loaves
- sliced provolone cheese
- 1Cut beef into fist size pieces and put into crockpot.
- 2Add au jus mix (dry), italian seasoning mix (dry), french onion soup mix, beer (optional) and onion flavored beef broth to crockpot.
- 3Stir until all seasonings are well incorporated.
- 4Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours.
- 5For very robust flavor, pour the entire jar of pepperocini's with the juice into the crockpot.
- 6Do not drain, the vinegar in the juice helps tenderize the beef and gives a good flavor.
- 7For a more mild or less tangy flavor, remove the seeds and stems from the peppers and use half of the vinegar. I PREFER THIS TASTE. It will still have lots of flavor, just not quite as spicy.
- 8Cover and continue to cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- 9Cut onions into small strips (slices) and add to crockpot.
- 10Cover and cook until meat begins to tenderize and fall apart (about 2 hours).
- 11Remove the beef and tear (shred) into small pieces.
- 12Return beef to crockpot and continue cooking until meat is done and onions are soft which is usually about 2-3 more hours.
- 13I've tried them all and this is my personal favorite because of the flavor and the bread doesn't get as soggy.
- 14Sliced provolone cheese is completes the sandwhich.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Beef With A Kick
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.4
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 193.5 mg
- Sodium 574.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 66.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
au jus mix