Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is also excellent using venison in place of beef. Put this in your crockpot before bedtime and your Sunday dinner will be waiting for you. Not to mention the aroma when you wake up!
- 4 lbs venison roast
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 onion, quartered
- 8 garlic cloves (minced is better)
- 2 (12 ounce) beer
- Place meat in the bottom of crockpot, everything else on top!
- Cook 8-10 hours on high. If using venison, I prefer at least 12 hours. Add an extra beer if needed during cooking.
- Remove bay leaves and shred meat. Serve on hard rolls.