Recipe by Boomette
Recipe taken in the issue for the Crockpot in the Coup de Pouce. I tried this recipe without fennel and basil and we liked it :)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 blade pot roast, diced (2 lb)
- 236.59 ml onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 414.03 ml beef stock
- 236.59 ml dry red wine or 236.59 ml beef stock
- 155.92 g tomato paste
- 29.58 ml quick-cooking tapioca, ground
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 226.79 g tiny new potatoes, cut in half
- 2 carrots or 2 parsnips, diced
- 1 fennel, sliced
- 236.59 ml basil leaves or 236.59 ml fresh baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, heat oil at medium-high heat. Add beef cubes in many batches, and brown. Put beef cubes in crockpot.
- Deglaze the skillet. Add onions, garlic and cook 5 minutes or until soften. Add beef stock, wine, tomato paste, tapioca, rosemary and pepper. Bring to boil. Pour mixture in crockpot, add potatoes, carrots, fennel and stir. Cover and cook at low heat 8 to 10 hours.
- When ready to serve, add basil and stir.