Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A satisfying and easy recipe that cooks in your crock pot. Just put it together and forget it. Great comfort food for a cold winter day.
- 2 lbs chuck roast, cut into 1 inch chunks or 2 lbs precut beef stew meat
- 6 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 lb precut prewashed baby carrots
- 1 (14 ounce) candiced Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- Combine tomatoes, soups, seasonings and vinegar in your crock pot.
- Add meat and vegetables stirring to combine.
- Simmer over low heat for appoximately 8 hours, or "jump start" it on high for 2 hours followed by 4 hours on low.
- If you are present during cooking, you can stir every 1 or 2 hours.
- About 1 hour before serving, add the flour to thicken the soup/sauce base.
- This recipe can be made with cubed chicken breast and chicken broth in place of the beef and beef broth for a change of pace.
This recipe was easy to prepare and cook. It has a delicious flavor reminicent of "Old World Cooking". It has become one of my family's favorites.