Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I came up with this after searching recipes and not quite finding what I wanted.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stewing beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (balsamic vinegar, basil and olive oil)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 bay leaf
- Put all prepared vegetables in the bottom of the crock pot including garlic.
- Combine flour and chili powder in a large storage bag. Add stew beef and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a skillet and brown the coated meat.
- Add meat to the crock pot.
- Top with diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours.