Recipe by xfry
My husband loves this dish. I'm a stay at home mom, so I generally make my own buns to eat it on, but any bread will do.
- 4 lbs slab chuck roast (smaller or larger is fine, recipe will be the same)
- 2 cups beef broth or 2 cups water
- 2 (2 7/8 ounce) packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (16 ounce) canmild banana pepper rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the roast in half and place in a crock pot.
- Mix the beef broth/water with the Italian Dressing mix.
- Pour mixture over roast.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- (As a side note, since I am home most of the day. I usually cook it on high for 2 hours, low for 3. That seems to produce a tender result.).
- Remove roast from crock pot and shred with a fork.
- Place shredded beef back into crock pot.
- Add banana pepper rings.
- Heat through.
- Serve on bread as sandwiches.