Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
You will be amazed at how so few ingredients can taste so good!
Make and share this Italian Beef Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- Season all sides of roast with 1 packet of dressing mix and put into crock pot. Mix remaining 2 packets of dressing with 1c. of water.
- Pour water mixture over roast.
- Cover crockpot and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove roast from crockpot and shred. ( If roast is not shredding easily, it needs to cook longer ) Put shredded beef back into crockpot. Add the entire jar of pepperoncini to the beef. Cook the beef with the peppers for 30 more minutes.
- Top rolls with shredded beef and peppers and top each sandwich with mozzarella cheese.
These were super easy and just mouth watering! I also used a smaller roast and only 2 packets of seasoning. It was a bit salty but not enough to stop me from making it again. I used my pressure cooker since I didn't have enough time to use my crockpot and it turned out nice and juicy and tender.
Super easy and delicious! I had a smaller roast (a little over 2 lbs) so I only used two packets of dressing mix. I toasted my rolls before serving, too. My very picky husband ate with no comments....and believe me, that is HIGH praise in my book :) My four year old son really loved this sandwich.