Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook5 hrs 30 mins
You will be amazed at how so few ingredients can taste so good!
Make and share this Italian Beef Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- Season all sides of roast with 1 packet of dressing mix and put into crock pot. Mix remaining 2 packets of dressing with 1c. of water.
- Pour water mixture over roast.
- Cover crockpot and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove roast from crockpot and shred. ( If roast is not shredding easily, it needs to cook longer ) Put shredded beef back into crockpot. Add the entire jar of pepperoncini to the beef. Cook the beef with the peppers for 30 more minutes.
- Top rolls with shredded beef and peppers and top each sandwich with mozzarella cheese.
These were super easy and just mouth watering! I also used a smaller roast and only 2 packets of seasoning. It was a bit salty but not enough to stop me from making it again. I used my pressure cooker since I didn't have enough time to use my crockpot and it turned out nice and juicy and tender.
Super easy and delicious! I had a smaller roast (a little over 2 lbs) so I only used two packets of dressing mix. I toasted my rolls before serving, too. My very picky husband ate with no comments....and believe me, that is HIGH praise in my book :) My four year old son really loved this sandwich.