Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a super easy recipe that feeds a crowd. The instructions look long but don't let that scare you. This goes together very easily in the morning and the sandwiches are then assembled at serving time. These sandwiches are so tasty and always get rave reviews.
- 5 -7 lbs beef roast
- 2 green peppers, cut into rings
- 42 ounces beef broth
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2⁄3 ounce Italian salad dressing mix
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 -12 sandwich buns, of your choice (sourdough works great)
- 10 -12 provolone cheese slices
- 6 tablespoons butter
- garlic salt, to taste
- parsley flakes, to taste
- Rinse beef and place in a slow cooker.
- Pour beef broth over beef.
- Sprinkle basil, oregano and italian dressing mix over beef.
- Place pepper rings on top of beef.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook for 8 hours on low heat.
- When meat is done, remove from slow cooker and let rest a few minutes.
- Slice beef as thin as possible. Place on platter and keep warm.
- Skim fat from au jus and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Slice rolls. Spread with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and parsley flakes.
- Place under broiler until almost toasted.
- Top half of each roll with one slice of provolone cheese.
- Continue toasting until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Fill sandwiches with beef and peppers and serve with au jus.