Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a crockpot recipe from TOH Casseroles, Slow Cooker, and Soup cookbook.
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced and quartered
- 10 -12 hard rolls, split
- Drain pepperoncinis, reserving liquid. Remove and discard stems of peppers; set peppers aside.
- Cut roast into large chunks; place a third of the meat in a 5 quart slow cooker. Add water.
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; sprinkle half over beef. Layer with half of the remaining meat, then onion, reserved peppers and liquid. Top with remaining meat and herb mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Shred beef with two forks. Using a slotted spoon, serve beef and peppers on rolls.
This is a five star recipe all the way. They have a little bit of bite. I put a slice of provolone cheese on mine when I serve them. I also just use 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning to sub for oregano and basil. Freezes wonderfully for those busy days when you want a hearty meal without a lot of fuss.