janey king's Note:
Bakes like meatloaf, tastes like pizza! Delicious, easy, fast, and low-carb. Prep time does not include shredding or waiting for the zucchini to "sweat."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced mushrooms (optional) or 2 tablespoons olives (optional)
- 1Mix the salt into the shredded zucchini. Let sit for 15 minutes then drain thoroughly.
- 2Mix the zucchini and olive oil into the beef, and then shape the beef into a flat circle in a greased 9" pie pan. (Leave a little room between the edge of the pan and the beef, so any extra fat can drain there).
- 3Sprinkle the mozzarella over the beef, then top the mozzarella in layers with first the tomatos, then the mushrooms or olives if you are using them,then the herbs,then the parmesan. I sometimes use extra dried herbs and parmesan, because I like them (a lot!).
- 4Bake the dish in a 350 degree oven for appx 40 minutes, or till beef is cooked through and parmesan is slightly browned.
- 5Slice into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Beef Pie Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.4
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.7 mg
- Sodium 1109.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 33.3 g